The motif Baptism is a part of: Ritual
Baptism, consecration, christianity, transformation
Description of this motif: Baptism with water is a wellknown ritual in the christian church, that can be traced back in time to the earliest christianity; St John the Baptist. Baptism is a consecration to Christ, his sacrificial death, Gods grace and forgiving and resurrection into eternal life.
The tales are sorted by year. The leading numbers refer to the number of occurrences of the motif in the respective texts.
- 1 Dødningen (Danish title) (1830)
- 1 Alferne paa Heden (Danish title) (1831)
- 2 The Traveling Companion (1835)
- 1 The Red Shoes (1845)
- 1 The Jewish Girl (1855)
- 4 The Marsh King's Daughter (1858)
- 1 A Story from the Sand Dunes (1859)
- 1 The Ice Maiden (1861)
- 2 The Old Church Bell (1861)
- 1 Golden Treasure (1865)
- 1 Danish Popular Legends (1870)